Our Adventure in the Country

Enjoying Our Adventure in the Country!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wonderful Surprises

March was a month of seeing old friends. On March 13th, I was on the phone when a white van, which I had never seen, pulled into the driveway. Out stepped a young man in a cowboy hat. I knew it was our friend, Stephen immediately. We've missed seeing Stephen. When we were stationed in San Angelo, my children and I spent a lot of time at his mom, Nola's farm. She taught me a lot about country life. Stephen, his wife, Becky and their cute baby boy, Ty were up from Texas visiting Becky's family. Becky brought her mom and four of her brothers with them. We had the best time visiting with them and were happy to learn that Becky's family doesn't live too far from us. I really enjoyed meeting Becky's mom, Tammy and I look forward to seeing her soon. It's always nice to meet a new friend. Here is a picture of our families before they left. (Lexie took the picture.)



On March 27th, my dear friend from high school, Beth, came to see me. During our afternoon of catching-up, we realized that it had been 16 years since we had seen each other. Wow! Thankfully, now she lives in Missouri and we will be able to see each other more often. Here is the picture Andrew took of Beth and I.

1 comment:

~Tammy~ said...

Whoo Hoo, I can hardly wait until our next visit. Becky is coming Wednesday evening for the PC party on Saturday.
I am so excited about your house, I am looking forward to every installment on the blog as you build it.
Hug those kids!
~Tammy~
PS I linked to your blog off of mine- just called it Laurie's Place