Our Adventure in the Country

Enjoying Our Adventure in the Country!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trip to New York, Part V

The next stop on our trip home was Fort Drum. This was the first place where Andrew was stationed in the Army. This was before I knew Andrew, back when he was infantry and a soldier in the 10th Mountain Division. I really wanted to see and be able to show the kids where Andrew had started his Army career. My Dad was with us. He had flown into Albany to drive home with us.

All of the following pictures are taken at the Headquarters of the 10th Mountain Division.

A stature of the Military Mountaineers.

My boys in front of the statue. Behind the statue is a memorial to all the 10th Mountain Division soldiers that have been killed. There is a plaque for each campaign.

My boys with a howitzer.

No comments: